Selection of the Valedictorian & Salutatorian
The Valedictorian shall be the student with the highest overall academic standing at the end of his/her graduating year.
The Salutatorian shall be the student with the second highest overall academic standing at the end of his/her graduating year.
The principle criteria for selection shall include the following:
In Grade 10, the student’s overall average for the following courses:
- English 10-1; 10-2
- Social Studies 10-1;10-2
- Two academic courses: Math 10C and Science 10
- Any two other Grade 10 subjects including appropriate CTS modules
In Grade 11, the student’s overall average for the following courses:
- English 20-1; 20-2
- Social Studies 20-1; 20-2
- Two academic courses: Math 20-1, Biology 20, Chemistry 20, or Physics 20
- Any two other subjects taken in grade 11 including appropriate CTS modules.
In Grade 12, the student’s overall average for the following courses:
- English 30-1
- Social Studies 30-1
- Three 30 level academic courses which may include Math 31
Notwithstanding the above, the following criteria shall also be considered in choosing the Valedictorian and Salutatorian.
- To be a candidate the student must be registered in or have completed a minimum of five courses at the 30/31/35 level, three of which must be diploma examination subjects and two of these must be English and Social Studies.
- The candidates must have been registered in Mount Saint Agnes Academy for at least three school years (six semesters).