(Grade 6 – 8)
As students emerge into middle school, MSA provides an environment where they can begin to expand their horizons and stretch themselves mentally, physically, and emotionally under the careful guidance of the middle school teacher team.
For the students, this will be their first experience of moving from class to class and taking instruction from subject specialists. Following the middle school philosophy, students are carefully transitioned from Grade 5 and elementary school and prepared for high school. Students are grouped in homeroom groups and will often have a different teacher for Math, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, and Religion. They will also have another teacher for their complementary course.
In middle school, the teacher team works hard at developing a sense of community and learning so these young adults can thrive and find a sense of belonging.
Students will study core subjects all year:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Students will also take Physical Education and Health
Students will have complementary (optional) courses. Depending on scheduling, these could be semestered or full-year courses:
- Information Processing
- Second Languages: French or Spanish
- In Grade 6, these courses are done through an exploratory approach known as World Languages.
Elementary School Documents
- Grade 5 Curriculum Overview
- Grade 4 Curriculum Overview
- Grade 3 Curriculum Overview
- Grade 2 Curriculum Overview
- Grade 1 Curriculum Overview
- Kindergarten Curriculum Overview
- 2021 2022 Grade 1 supply list
- 2021 2022 Grade 2 supply list
- 2021 2022 Grade 3 supply list
- 2021 2022 Grade 4 supply list
- 2021 2022 Grade 5 supply list
- 2021 2022 Kindergarten Supply list