For a safe, nurturing and fun alternative to after school care, we are pleased to offer an after school program for children in Kindergarten through Grade 5. The After School Program runs daily during the School Year, Monday to Friday from 2:30pm–5:30pm in the Woodmont Building.
Children attending the After School Program will receive an afternoon snack each day. In addition, a water cooler is available for children to refill their water bottles during the afternoon. It is highly recommended that your child bring a change of clothing for the afternoon.
This is a structured afternoon that provides time for refreshments, play time and homework. More specifically:
- Early Learning Program (ELP) - Upon arrival (2:30 pm) ELP students will sit for registration and story time or discussion. Healthy snacks will be distributed outside. At 3:00 they will be allowed to go out to play on the ELP play equipment.
- KINDERGARTEN - Upon arrival (3:00 pm) Kindergarten students will change their clothes, sit for registration and story time or discussion. Healthy snacks will be distributed outside. At 3:30 they will be allowed to go out to play on the field and playground equipment.
- GRADES 1-5 – upon arrival (3:00 pm – 3:30 pm), students will change their clothes, registration will be taken and healthy snacks distributed. At 3:30 they will be given the option of starting homework under teacher supervision, attending the Library (when open), crafts on given days and free play
Fees are billed monthly as follows:
- 5 days per week - $60/week
- 4 days per week - $48/week
- 3 days per week $36/week
A late fee of $1.00 per minute after 5:30pm will be charged for late pick-ups.
Holiday Camps are offered over the Christmas, February and Easter breaks, excluding public holidays. All camps offered are expected to be paid for at the time of registration. Anyone appearing at camp without being pre-registered will be charged a $25.00 surcharge in addition to the camp fee. Camp fees are: half day - $20.00 and full days - $30.00.
Please Note: should any student be extremely disruptive and fail to comply with the After School Program rules they may be asked to leave the program. Both the Mount Saint Agnes Principal and Assistant Principal will be made aware of all discipline issues that arise. The offending child will be issued a verbal warning regarding his or her behavior, as warranted. A second warning will include a visit to the Principal's office with a written warning going home to the parents; and the third action could include a red card from the office on discipline with possible dismissal from the After School Program.
If you are interested in registering for the After School Program, please download and complete the registration form and provide it to the School Office. For more information, please call 292-4134 ext 1970. Alternatively you may contact the After School Program Coordinator, Mrs. Joanne Chisnall, at 295-4353 in the evenings.
Please download a registration form for our Afterschool program here.